FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
On this page you will find answers to frequently asked questions that will
help you use our pages and make reservations.
If you have any further questions regarding our services and offer, please contact our customer service office at email@example.com
If you have any questions related to our Web pages and how to use them, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQ - General (undefined) questions
Visit the page where the booking procedure is explained in detail.
2. General Terms and Conditions for Accommodation Services?
Before making a reservation make sure to read the General Terms and Conditions for Accommodation Services.
3. How to find destinations on the Croatian coast and islands?
You will find over 200 destinations with detailed descriptions and photographs here.
4. How to find out more about beaches in a specific destination?
The description of each destination contains the beaches you can find there. Furthermore, you can read about beaches of the island of Pag and central Dalmatia in our features.
5. How to find out more about transport (including ferry lines to Croatian islands)?
You can find all links that you need when traveling to and in Croatia here.
6. What to visit in Croatia?
If you are interested in Croatia's traditions, cultural heritage and beautiful landscapes, make sure to read our features.
7. Where to find useful information on Croatia?
Find out everything you need to know about Croatia here.
8. Where to find out more about adriatica.net?
All about adriatica.net and its staff can be found here .
9. How are prices stated in adriatica.net's offer?
Hotels: per person per day
Lighthouses: per apartment per week
Charter rental: per boat per week
Villas: per apartment per day
10. How to book through adriatica.net partner agencies?
If you would like to make a reservation in an agency in your country, instead of online, a list of adriatica.net partner agencies can be found here .
11. Does adriatica.net have a printed catalog?
Our entire offer can be found on our web pages. The links on our homepage will take you to all other sections of our offer that can easily be searched (private accommodation) and browsed (hotels, charters and lighthouses). Due to the large number of accommodation units in our offer, it is not possible to print a catalog that would contain our entire offer.
12. Where can I obtain fishing and underwater fishing licenses and find out more about diving?
In every larger tourist destination, you can obtain your fishing and underwater fishing licenses in the Harbor Master's Office. Visit the Croatian Diving Association web site in order to find out more about diving in Croatia.
13. What is Sojourn Tax?
According to the Sojourn Tax Law, guests are required to pay Sojourn Tax when paying for accommodation services. The Sojourn Tax amounts to 2,00 to 7,00 kn per person per day for adults. Children under the age of 12 are exempt from paying, while persons from the age of 12 to 18 have a 50% discount. The exact amount depends on the destination and period of your stay. According to adriatica.net's General Terms and Conditions, Sojourn Tax is charged when making the final payment for accommodation services.
14. Which travel documents are required for entry in Croatia?
For all entry document-related issues, please visit www.mvpei.hr.
15. Where can money be exchanged?
At exchange offices and banks.
16. Why can certain accommodation units only be booked from Saturday to Saturday?
During the Summer season most tourist units can only be booked in regular Saturday-Saturday or Sunday-Sunday periods, as these are conditions set by our suppliers.
17. Where can I get information regarding ferry transport?
18. How will the documentation regarding my booking (receipt and voucher) be delivered to me?
Documents will be sent to you by e-mail, upon receipt of the full amount of the booking costs.
FAQ - Payment
Visit the page where you will find out more about payment methods.
2. Why is there a difference in the exchange rate when paying for the reservation?
The amount stated in Kunas is charged to your credit card according to the selling rate of Zagrebacka bank on the charge date. Your credit card company charges your bank in Euros according to the exchange rate of the bank the credit card company works with on the day when the reservation amount is charged.
3. Why are bank fees sometimes higher than expected?
One of the reasons may be that your bank does not have a contract with RBA (adriatica.net's bank), meaning that the payment is made through a third bank. Since each bank charges transaction fees, your bank fees may be higher than expected.
4. Why do I have to pay in advance?
By paying in advance, you are guaranteed to get the exact accommodation unit you viewed and reserved on our web pages since your advance payment is immediately forwarded to the host. Read our General Terms and Conditions for further information. As member of the Association of Croatian Travel Agencies, adriatica.net is dedicated to providing quality accommodation services in cooperation with private accommodation lessees.
5. Which types of credit cards can be used for online/offline payment?
The following types of credit cards are accepted: VISA, DINERS, EC/MC and AMERICAN EXPRESS.
6. Do I have to be the holder of the credit card I am using for payment?
No, the booking can be paid by credit card whose holder is not necessarily the holder of the booking. In such cases it is required that the credit card holder fills in and signs the credit card payment authorisation form.
7. Till when must the payment be made?
Until the payment option expires.
8. Why cannot the payment be made upon arrival at the accommodation unit?
This is because payment directly to the proprietor is not allowed.
9. Why cannot I use an EC card (debit card) for payment?
We accept exclusively credit cards for payment.
10. When and how will I receive the documents regarding the booking?
Documents will be sent to you by e-mail, upon receipt of the full amount of the booking costs.
11. Why do I pay extra when making a bank transaction?
Banks levy transaction fees for money transfer on the applicant (sender).
FAQ - Hotels
After 14:00 o'clock.
2. Who should we contact if any problems should occur?
You should contact the hotel front-desk or the agency through which the accommodation was booked. adriatica.net's Customer service is on disposal to its clients 7 days a week, from 08:00 till 22:00 at the number +385 1 2415 600.
3. Do hotels allow pets?
Certain hotels allow pets. There is usually a surcharge.
4. What time are the meals served?
Meal time differs from hotel to hotel.
5. What does half board service include?
Breakfast and dinner.
6. Can transfer from the airport to the hotel be arranged?
Transfer possibilities differ from hotel to hotel.
7. Is there parking available?
Parking service differs from hotel to hotel.
8. Can a 4-person family stay in a hotel room with a double and one extra bed?
9. Can we have interconnected rooms or rooms next door to each other?
Most hotels from our offer do not have interconnected rooms. We cannot guarantee for the rooms to be next door to each other, buat we will gladly notify the hotel of your wish.
10. Can we have a ground floor apartment (in a tourist resort)?
We cannot guarantee for the exact location of the apartment, but we will gladly notify the resort management of your wish when confirming the booking with them.
11. Is there a comisson to be added to the price quoted on your web site?
No, the price quoted already includes our comission.
12. Why can't I book a room on the floor of my choice?
The hotel management allocates the rooms to guests on the day of arrival.
FAQ - Private accommodation
Visit the page where you will find all accommodation units that allow house pets.
2. Who to contact in case of problems upon arrival to accommodation unit?
In case of any problems with accommodation or host upon arrival to accommodation unit, please contact us immediately by telephone at 00 385 1 2415 611. If the situation cannot be solved with the assistance of our call center, an adriatica.net representative will come to the accommodation unit. The amount of time necessary for the representative to arrive to the accommodation unit depends on its location.
3. Why do you sometimes get a negative response to your inquiry even though our web pages show different?
Since we contact our hosts by phone to check accommodation unit availability immediately after your inquiry, it is unfortunately not possible to keep availability on our web pages updated to the minute. Nevertheless, we do our best to update accommodation unit availability as frequently as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience.
4. Who should we contact if any problems should occur?
You should contact the agency through which the accommodation was booked or adriatica.net's Customer service at the number +385 1 2415 600.
5. Is bed linen included in the price?
The bed linen is included in the price.
6. Where am I to pick up the keys?
You should pick up the keys from the owner, on the spot.
7. I'd be arriving at the accommodation late in the evening. Is that possible? Will there be someone to meet me?
In case of a late arrival, please contact the accommodation unit owner or the agency, should you not be able to reach the unit owner.
8. I'll be taking a dinghy with me. Is there a place where it can be moored?
Please inform us you'll be taking a dinghy with you when first making your inquiry or before making your payment.
9. Who is responsible for cleaning the accommodation units?
The accommodation unit owner will handle the cleaning after your departure. However, you're required to leave the unit in a neat and undamaged condition.
10. What does 'air conditioning in some of the rooms' mean'?
This means the air conditioning unit is located in one of the rooms, but provides for cooling of most of the accommodation unit, provided there is sufficient air flow between the rooms.
11. How to reach the accommodation unit (map+directions)?
The address of the accommodation unit and the proprietor's telephone number can be found in the top left-hand corner of the voucher we have sent you. For driving directions we suggest www.viamichelin.com.
12. Where do we collect the keys of the accommodation unit?
The proprietor should be contacted for details at least one day before arrival to the accommodation.
13. Do we have to bring our own bedclothes/towels?
14. What time is check in/out?
Check-in is usually at 2pm. Check-out by 11am the latest.
15. What is the exact address of the accommodation unit?
The address and the proprietor's contact information can be found on the voucher we will have issued after the booking has been paid in full.
16. Can extra beds be added to the accommodation unit?
As a rule, a unit can only accommodate the number of persons stated in the unit description.
17. Is there a comisson to be added to the price quoted on your web site?
No, the price quoted already includes our comission.
18. Are pets allowed into the accommodation unit?
If you are planning on bringing a pet with you, please give us notice of this in advance, so we could check with the proprietor whether this is possible; this varies from unit to unit.
19. Is there a discount for children?
Children under 2 years of age are exempt from paying for the service of accommodation; children over 2 years of age pay the full price.
20. What languages can the proprietor communicate in?
See 'Information on the owner' on the apartment's web page
FAQ - Flights
Yes, provided that it's in accordance with the carrier's general terms and conditions.
2. Why do I get a white screen when attempting to book a ticket?
The white screen means that the relevant data is being read. This normally takes approximately 20 seconds. If it takes longer than that, try scolling the page down to view the required information.
3. When and how will I receive my flight ticket?
Within one working day; tickets are collected upon check-in.
4. Who can I contact in case I have additional questions?
Links to General Terms & Conditions of the airline whose flight is being booked can be found on the web pages during the booking process.
5. What is included in the price?
All services and costs included in the price are specified during the booking procedure.
6. Are there any surcharges?
7. Am I entitled to a refund in case I cannot use the ticket I paid for?
The ticket cannot be booked without accepting the airline's Terms & Conditions, where you can find all relevant information.
8. What is an electronic ticket (e-ticket)?
The e-ticket is a ticket that is delivered to the customer by e-mail.
FAQ - Cruises
You should contact the I.D.Riva Tours representative or adriatica.net's Customer Service.
2. Are pets allowed on cruises?
3. What age/nationality do the passengers on cruises tend to be?
Since cruises are sold through a number of channels, this information is not ready accessible to us.
4. (Bicycle tours) Do we have to bring our own bicycles?
5. (Bicycle tours) Do we have to drive all stages?
No, the choice of the stage you will drive is yours.
6. Are drinks included in the price with the service of full board?
7. Is chartering the whole boat an option?
Yes. Please contact us at email@example.com for enquiries of this nature.
8. Do we have to bring our own bedclothes/towels?
Bedclothes are included in the service, while towels need to be brought.
9. Do I need my passport to apply for a cruise?
For Adriatic cruises on boats from our offer all we need to know is your full name and date of birth. Passport is not needed for the cruise. For other cruises you need to supply a valid passport number.
10. Is there a car park in the port?
There are car parks in most of the ports. Please contact us if you wish to book a parking spot.
11. How many hours of sailing per day can we expect?
4 to 5 hours on average.
FAQ - Boats
The vessel cannot be chartered without required licences. A copy of your skipper's and VHF licence has to be sent to the Agency.
2. What is a transit log?
A transit log is a tax which requires 'on the spot' payment. It includes the costs of mooring in the departure port for the first and last day of charter, as well as harbour taxes.
3. What is included in the price?
The price always includes the vessel charter cost, and in certain cases it can also include final cleaning, transit log, outboard engine.
4. Where should extra services be paid?
Extra services are to be paid on the spot, i.e. at the marina.
5. The skipper's licence in my country incorporates the VHF licence, which is not stated on the document itself. Can I still charter an unskippered sailboat?
In most cases yes. You are required to send us a scan of your licence. We will then forward it to our supplier who will check the validity of the licence with Croatian port authorities.
6. Can additional passengers be added to the booking, if the capacity of the vessel allows for this?
7. Does the price include an outboard engine?
This differs from offer to offer. It is to be explicitly stated whether an outboard engine is included in the price or not.
8. Do we have to bring our own bedclothes/towels?
Vessels generally include bedclothes, but not the towels. Regardless of the bedclothes, we recommend bringing a sleeping bag during cold season.
9. Can I exit the Croatian territorial sea borders?
10. What time is check in/out?
Check-in is usually on Saturdays, around 5pm. Check-out on Saturdays around 7am. Exceptions are possible with irregular charter periods and upon guest's request, with the suppliers approval.
11. Are food and drinks included in the price?
12. Are pets allowed on vessels?
13. Is there a possibility of an a additional insurance of the vessel which would cover all damages?
No, the guest is always responsible for the damage up to the amount of the deposit. In case the skipper is on board when the damage occurs, the guest is responsible for the damage up to the amount of the deposit, and should later request to be refunded by the skipper via a court order.
FAQ - Lighthouses
2. Who's responsible for the transfer?
The transfer is performed by Plovput, a state organization in charge of lighthouse maintenance. Transfer can also be performed by a third organization, if in partnership with Plovput.
3. Where should we pay for the transfer?
At the harbour/port from which the transfer is performed.
4. Is it possible to rent a small boat in order to go for provisions?
Yes, in agreement with the lighthouse keeper, provided that the lighthouse is not too far from the mainland.
5. Do we have to bring our own bedclothes/towels?
Beds have sheets and two blankets per bed. A single apartment has two large and two small towels, so it is advisable to bring extra towels.
6. Where do we collect the keys of the accommodation unit?
At the lighthouse. Lighthouses have keepers that welcome guests and check them into the accommodation unit.
7. Is scuba-diving allowed in waters around the lighthouse?
Yes, provided you hold a valid scuba diving licence.
8. Is it possible to moor a boat at the lighthouse?
Yes. If this is not possible in the nearest vicinity of the lighthouse, mooring is available in the nearby town. This also depends on the size of the vessel.
9. What happens if transfer to the lighthouse is not possible due to unfavourable weather conditions?
In such cases guests are provided with alternative accommodation of the same or higher category. This is considered a case of force majeur and is not a valid reason for complaint.
10. Can mobile phones be used while at the lighthouse?
11. Will we be alone at the lighthouse?
No. There is always a lighthouse keeper present. Other guests may be staying at the lighthouse, depending on the size and accommodation capacity of the lighthouse.
FAQ - Rent-a-car
The basic insurance package includes Personal Accident Insurance (PAI), Third Party Insurance (TI) and Theft Protection (TP). The client is liable for caused damages up to the deposit amount, unless he/she takes out extra Coalition Damage Waiver (CDW+).
2. What's acriss vehicle categorization?
Acriss categorization is international vehicle categorization according to which rent-a-car companies conduct business. Each vehicle rental service provider can only guarantee the vehicle's category, but not a specific vehicle.
3. What if I don't return the vehicle at the time stated on the voucher?
Extra 1-day rental charge applies. The payment is taken out of the deposit.
4. What if I return the vehicle with less fuel than when I picked the vehicle up?
Fuel charges apply, increased by the fuel filling cost. The payment is taken out of the deposit.
5. Can the rented vehicle be taken across the Croatian border?
Yes, provided the notice of this is given when making the enquiry, especially if travelling to countries of ex-Yugoslavia. There are also certain limitations when travelling to these countries (eg. vehicles of the VW type are not allowed into countries of ex-Yu). Availing of CDW+ insurance is strongly recommended in such cases.
6. Is the International Driving Licence a requirement?
7. Can the vehicle be driven by multiple drivers?
Yes, two drivers can be designated. Other guests can also drive the vehicle, provided one of the designated drivers is present in the vehicle.
8. What is the price of CDW+ insurance for different categories of vehicles?
30kn+VAT for ECMR and EDMR; 40kn+VAT for CDMR, IDMR, IDAR, IWMR and IVMR; 50kn+VAT for CLMR and ITMR; 70kn+VAT for SDMR. SVMR, FDAR and FVMR; 80kn+VAT for XFAR, PDAR. Prices are quoted per day of rental.
9. Why do I need to have a credit card upon collection of vehicle?
A credit card is necessary for one-way rentals. The credit card is authorised to be used by the rental agency in the amount of the deposit left by the guest, to cover for any damages to the vehice, in absence of CDW+ insurance.
10. Are GPS devices available in the language of the driver?
GPS devices are available in most European languages, eg. ENG, DE, IT, ES…
11. Is there a possibility of having a baby seat in the vehicle?
Yes, there is, with a surcharge. Please inform us of the child's age and weight when making the booking, so we could provide you with a suitable seat.